Studio Coordinator Position Open
The Washington Glass School has an immediate opening for a Studio Coordinator in its Mount Rainier, MD location. Founded 8 years ago, this is one of the busiest studios on the east coast. We are not only an educational venue, but we are the home of many successful independent artists as well. We also work heavily with large scale public art projects.
The successful candidate will have many of the following traits:
- Extremely organized and punctual
- Ability to move from one project to the next very quickly
- Be a self starter and able to work independently
- Skills in sculpting clay would be helpful…..as well as skills in computer work, administrative paper work, warm glass, shipping and delivery
- Comfortable with people and able to possibly teach classes in future.
Duties will include:
- Daily studio clean-ups
- Working with plaster, lost wax, warm glass
- Installing sculptural work
- Assisting/coordination or taking over some classes
- Coordinating kiln use and kiln schedules
- Review studio material use
- 100 things that might come up….and do.
What we offer:
- To learn numerous methods of relating to glass and sculpture (all classes are free to you)
- Free studio space to work on your warm glass
- $10 an hour to start
- The ability to see how a very successful sculpture studio operates.
- Many gallery and show opportunities.
- The ability to become part of a much larger community
- Mentoring for your career as an artist.
3700 Otis St.
Mt. Rainier, Md. 20712