A good friend of the school - the fabulous Susan Taylor Glasgow has advised us of an upcoming glass artwork competition - here are the details:
Call for Glass Artists
Short Stories: Narratives from the Kiln
June 20– August 1, 2009
Curated by Susan Taylor Glasgow for the Columbia Art League, Columbia, MO
Narrative kiln-formed glass
Under 16” in any dimension
There is an entry fee of $25. This is a non-refundable fee.
Can submit up to 3 artwork pieces for jurying. More than one image may be submitted per work, i.e., a close-up shot and a full-work shot.
Images for the jury must be submitted digitally, by email or on CD.
The images submitted must be of work available for the show. Each image should be labeled with yourname.titleofwork.jpg
Each submission should be accompanied by size and medium details.
Images should be a minimum of 300dpi and be sized at least 800x800 pixels.
CD submissions should be clearly labeled with the artist's name.
CDs will not be returned.
Late entries will not be accepted.
Please note: Detailed instructions for shipping artworks will be sent to artists whose work is juried into the exhibition.
Catalogue, purchase award
March 15, 2009: Deadline for entries
Email address for entry: email@example.com
online application: http://cal.missouri.org/exhibitioninfoform.html
more info: http://cal.missouri.org/glass09/index.html
update: insurance details
1. Standard insurance is provided by the Columbia Art League (CAL) while the objects are on CAL's premises.
2. Artist shall provide insurance coverage for work in transit to CAL. CAL is not responsible for work until actually received and inspected for damage that may have occurred in shipping.
3. CAL shall provide insurance coverage during transit when returning work to Artist. Work shall be insured at wholesale value provided by Artist.
4. CAL is only responsible for insurance on items shipped to the return address designated by Artist in the United States. Forwarding shipment or international shipment for whatever reason is not covered by CAL's insurance.
5. CAL is not responsible for the return packing, shipping or value of artwork which requires special needs unless prior arrangements have been made between Artist and CAL, noted in writing and signed by both parties. Special needs for purposes of this paragraph shall include, but will not be limited to, oversize objects which cannot be shipped via United Parcel Service or the United States Post Office, objects which must be shipped overnight or 2nd Day through United Parcel Service, weights in excess of 100 pounds and/or perish ability in some manner of the artwork.
Opportunity for Artists
18 hours ago