03 April 2013

Rania Hassan "Threads" Opens at Montpelier Arts Center

Mixed Media artist - Rania Hassan has a solo show of her work April 5 - May 27, 2013 at the Montpelier Arts Center (Main Gallery). 
Rania combines knitting and painting to weave sculptural stories of connections to friends, family, and the idea of home.  'Threads' is an exploration of connecting knitting and painting with fiber and wood. Rania says of her compelling mixed media work: "I am fascinated by the connections we find in our everyday experiences. How do we think of our place in this world? How do we fit in it? My work is about levels of connectedness. I paint, draw, and knit to represent these moments. We are all connected somehow. This series started because of my fascination with knitting, love for painting, and intrigue in the community I’ve found online with knitters from around the world. I think about how it links me to my mother, her mother, and all the generations of women who came before them."

Rania Hassan: Threads
April 5- May 27, 2013
Opening Reception Sunday, April 7th, from 2-4 pm
Montpelier Arts Center
9652 Muirkirk Road, Laurel, MD 20708

No comments: