05 February 2011

Glass Fun Facts: Why Is Glass Transparent?

UK Professor Phil Moriarty discusses what makes glass appear transparent in this video by the Sixty Symbols - a collection of videos about physics and astronomy presented by experts from The University of Nottingham.



A photon checks into a hotel. The bell hop asks him " Can I help you with your luggage?" To which the photon replies, "I don't have any. I'm traveling light."

I still have no idea why glass is transparent, but his accent is so good that he doesn't need to pronounce words right. I guess his explanation didn't have enough energy and passed right true me. He must assume I know something about being excited.

Previous Glass Fun Facts postings:

Glass Fun Facts: Gaffer/Composer

More Glass Fun Facts: Bullseye Glass

Float Glass Fun Facts

Glass Fun Facts - Shattered Glass Predicts Weather

Historical Glass Fun Facts - How the Invention of Pyrex and The Studio Glass Movement are Connected.

No comments: